Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Run Baby Run

It is official!
No we are not having a baby, at least not yet, but we are running in the County Music half marathon on April 28, 2012.  It was a decision we made together as a way to keep ourselves motivated with our weight-loss goals.  It is so difficult for us both to stay on track with our healthy habits when football snacks are so delicious and with Thanksgiving and Christmas on the near horizon our willpower is being put to test.  We have about 23 weeks to get back into half marathon shape which is a feat I am sure we can both accomplish.  My first and only other half marathon I ran was the Women's Half Marathon this past October with a finish time of 2 hours, 9 minutes and 29 seconds.  This time I am hoping that with Adam running along side of me we can break the 2 hour mark.  I have never been a runner and growing up you would find me as far away from the heat and the asphalt as possible, the ice was my home.  Skating made me feel graceful, empowered, competitive, strong and free, and I miss that a lot.  When I stopped skating I really desired that competitiveness still and surprisingly for a girl that hated running, it has been running that brought that competitiveness back in my life.  Any family and friends that want to come cheer Adam and I on, we would love to any and all of you here!

No comments:

Post a Comment