Sunday, November 6, 2011

Are you ready for some football?!

Growing up as a northerner I was raised with football on Sundays watching the pros show everyone how it is done.  But things are definitely different when you are living in and south and married to a real southerner.  Saturday is the real day of football, its when the Dawgs, Vols, Tigers, Gaters and the Roll Tide take the center stage.  I'm leaning all kinds of new things about college football; there are many different divisions,  one foot in bounds is sufficient when catching a TD instead of two and the biggest difference is that going to a game is more like a fashion show for college kids.  Apparently as a Smith I must learn to love the SEC and find some super cute red and black game day outfits, GO DAWGS!  In honor of the big game last night (#1 LSU and #2 UA) I whipped up some treats to entertain a couple of friends and brush up on my southern hospitality charm.  Here are a few things I made:
Sweet Tea - Adam was sure to tell me the right way to make Tea

Rice Crispy Treats with Chocolate on top.  We didn't have LSU or UA color sprinkles so we improvised

Football Chocolate covered Strawberries

8 Layer Dip - Yummy!

Pop Em Like There Hot - Bacon, Cream Cheese & Jalapeno in a Crescent Roll.

Turkey Meatballs for Meatball Subs!

So it wasn't the healthiest munchies that I have ever made, but they sure were delicious!  By the way all of these recipes are from Pintrest.  If you dont know what Pintrest is, check it out, but I dont take responsibility for the addiction you may have to it.  Enjoy everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment