Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One Month

Adam and I celebrated our one month anniversary yesterday.  Well we didn't really celebrate, Adam was out of town for work but non the less it was our one month anniversary.  It is still hard to believe that one month has gone by already.  It really does just seem like yesterday that I was walking down the aisle and saying 'I Do' to my now husband.  Marrying my best friend of course will always be the stand out memory of  10/8/11 but I thought it would be great to reminisce a little bit about some of my other favorite moments of the day.

1. Hearing Adams personal vows and sharing mine with him is such a stand out memory of the day.  Writing our own personal vows with each other was a decision that Adam and I though was very important and a great way to make the ceremony more personal.  After hearing Adams vows and reading mine to him I knew that we made the right choice and I recommend it to anyone getting married in the future.

2. Another favorite moment of both Adam and I was having all our family and close friends together for one day to celebrate with Adam and I.  We were so amazed by the number of people that traveled so far to TN for our wedding.  It was overwhelming in a positive way, and we both love and thank you all!

3. Fried Chicken!  I still have people telling me how amazing the fried chicken was at the reception and that they want to visit TN again just to eat the fried chicken.  I am so glad that I fought to have that on the menu, Max at Pucketts was right, it is amazing chicken!!!

4.  My dress!  Not everyone knows the drama of my dress so here is the cliff notes version.  After getting engaged I did what most brides to be do, make dress shopping appointments.  After a long day of trying on about 50 dresses I finally decided on the LAST dress I tried on and bought it.  After taking a moment to breath and really think about my purchase, I wasn't happy with my decision.  A month before the wedding my good friend Michelle came to town to help with wedding plans, little did either of us know that in that weekend I would find my dream dress.  We went shopping at a store that was going out of business and found my beautiful dress!  It was the only one I tried on that day and I wasn't expecting to buy a new dress, but I fell in love with it!  It was the perfect dress for me and I absolutely still love it! 

5. Singing & Dancing!  For about 2 days after the wedding both Adam and I had a raspy voice from all the singing, well lets be honest its more like shouting and howling, that we were doing at the reception.  We both had so much fun and our band Stretta really knew how to get our wedding guests on the dance floor.  Bon Jovi's “Livin’ on a Prayer" will forever remind Adam and I of our wedding day!

Marrying Adam was the easiest decision I have ever made, he is the love of my life.  Now on to more difficult decisions, house shopping!  Here are a couple of picture of beautiful horses I saw in Franklin yesterday for you all to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment