Thursday, February 23, 2012

Settling In

 I know it has been weeks since my last post but things have been pretty busy in the Smith home.  Home, it is so wonderful to have a place to call home, and a wonderful home it is!  Adam and I have settled in quite nicely and things are starting to come together.  I realize that making our home cozy, comfortable and decorated just how we like it will be a process that will continue for years to come, but we will enjoy every minute of it.  Here are some pictures of a couple projects that Adam and I worked on the past weekend.  The first project was to make his childhood dresser transform from drab to fab ;) and the second was taking his grandmothers buffet table and giving it new life.  Enjoy the pictures!
Before.  Sorry I forgot to get a before with the drawers and hardware


Adam Sanding

First Layer of Kilz

Adding 'Yellow Brick Road' to the drawers

Sanding the finished product

Missing knobs, but they will be there soon :)

This may look white, but it is the most beautiful blue color.

So beautiful.  I will have to get before pictures from my mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment